For obvious reasons, pre-owned cars have always said to be a less expensive compared to brand new cars. As such, they were far more popular with cash-strapped buyers during the recession. However, as demand rose faster than supply during those years, the price of used cars reached an all-time high. Between 2007 and 2013, the cost of the average, secondhand ride surged by 18 percent. That trend continued in 2014, with an increase of 5.1 percent. But now, after seven consecutive years of growth, many experts believe prices will soon fall back down. Check out this site: https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/091714/how-get-good-deal-used-car.asp
If you are tired of pouring good money after bad into that old vehicle of yours, maybe now’s the time to finally give it up and go for something newer. But, in today’s tough times, who can afford to purchase a car fresh off the lot? The truth is, going with pre-owned makes great sense: Not just in this sour economy, but in any economy! Here are seven reasons to buy a pre-owned ride from your local trusted car dealership.
- Many dealerships offer warranties and other protections that a private party cannot or will not.
- That “new car” smell doesn’t last long and it’s not worth the cost of buying new. A gently-used pre-owned vehicle, once detailed by the dealership’s in-house cleanup team, will give you that “new car” look at a fraction of the cost. Click here!
- Used cars are every bit as reliable as new ones if they have been carefully inspected before being resold. You will get this service from most marketing agency, but probably never from a private owner.
- A new auto loses lots of dollars in such values for as long as you drive that car off so much. When you buy pre-owned, you simply don’t take that hit.
- You will pay much less for insurance and registration with a used car as opposed to brand-spanking new.
- When you buy from a dealership, you have immediate access to CARFAX vehicle history reports so you can reliably know exactly what you’re getting.
- Buying a pre-owned vehicle from a dealership gives you another financing option: When you buy from a private party you’ll have to deal with the hassles at your bank or credit union.
The number one reason why people like purchasing pre-owned vehicles is saving money. But if you don’t purchase yours from the right place, you could be right back in the same money pit you were in with your old car. Pre-owned is smart, but protect yourself by purchasing from a trusted dealership.
The choice between new and pre-owned vehicles is an easy one. An auto from a used car dealer will give you the same level of reliability and safety as new cars. Pre-owned vehicles, on average, cost less than half the price of new ones and depreciate significantly less. If you are interested in getting the same features as a new auto but for less money, then the pre-owned market is for you. Talk to any dealer marketing for more information.